In attendance were 228 brethren representing 131 lodges, as well as six distinguished guests and visitors:
- The membership statistical report indicated a total increase in members for 2010 of 401, the first increase in more than 50 years.
- 60-Year Masonic Service Awards were presented to R.W. Past Grand Master Samuel C. Williamson, Valley Lodge No. 613, Turtle Creek, and Bro. James M. Ecker, Dallas Lodge No. 231, Pittsburgh, Aide to the Grand Master.
- A Masonic watch was presented to Bro. Wallace L. Sturgeon, Oakdale Lodge No. 669, Senior Grand Deacon, for being a first-line signer on 10 or more new petitions.
- The Masonic Scholar Award was presented to Bro. Drew R. Reed, P.M., Acacia Lodge No. 586, Waynesboro.
- A presentation was given by Bro. Ronald P. Kamp, Utica Lodge 47, N.Y., and executive of the Masonic Medical Research Laboratory of New York.
- The following deaths were announced:
- Bro. Robert S. Wolverton, Danville-Mahoning Lodge No. 224, Danville, Past District Deputy Grand Master of the 35th Masonic District, died Feb. 12, 2011.
- Bro. Ralph F. Spearly, State College Lodge No. 700, Past District Deputy Grand Master of the 21st Masonic District, died April 23, 2011.
- Bro. William A. Wetterau, Southampton-Radiant Star Lodge No. 806, Warminster, Past District Deputy Grand Master of the 8th Masonic District and member of the Committee on Masonic Education, died May 18, 2011.
- The following appointments were announced:
- Bro. David J. Williamson, Shenango Valley Lodge No. 810, Hermitage, Grand Chaplain, effective Dec. 27, 2010.
- Bro. Robert A. Sutcliffe, Oriental Lodge No. 460, Orangeville, Regional Instructor, Region 7, effective Dec. 27, 2010, vice Bro. Walter "Skip" F. Lindemuth, retired.
- Bro. Jeffrey T. Shank, Prince Edwin-Spring Creek Lodge No. 486, Middletown, Aide to the Grand Master, effective Dec. 27, 2010.
- Bro. James A. Yoder, McVeytown Lodge No. 376, Grand Chaplain, effective April 28, 2011.
- Bro. Lindemuth, Acacia Lodge No. 579, Taylor, was made a Regional Instructor Emeritus.
- R.W. Grand Master Thomas K. Sturgeon was presented with a beautiful wooden hand-crafted lamp made by Bro. Alex Portellos, P.M., South Hills Lodge No. 761, Bethel Park, which the Grand Master designated to be placed at the Masonic Village at Sewickley.
- Grand Master Sturgeon received contributions in excess of $37,841.59 from several lodges to various Masonic charities.
|Photos (top to bottom): Grand Master Sturgeon presents a 60-year pin to R.W.P.G.M. Samuel C. Williamson and to Bro. James Ecker, Aide to the Grand Master. Bro. Alex Portellos presents his hand-made wooden lamp to Grand Master Sturgeon. Grand Master Sturgeon presents a Masonic watch to his brother, Bro. Wallace L. Sturgeon, for being a first-line signer on more than 10 petitions.|