mat340

John B. Fulton, P.M., of Thomson Lodge No. 340, Paoli, has donated more than 6,500 hours since 1986 working in the Wheelchair Repair shop at Paoli Memorial Hospital. He spends half of his volunteer time repairing hospital equipment and the other half repairing wheelchairs to be donated to people and organizations in need.

Over the past two years, working together and participating in the Masonic Matching Charity Grants Program, Skerrett Lodge No. 343, Cochranville, and Thomson Lodge have donated $1,000 to the charitable organization. The Wheelchair Repair Shop is funded solely by contributions and also accepts donations of used wheelchairs, electric carts, and scooters which they re-upholster, install new wheels, and make other repairs to recondition them. The shop has donated an electric wheelchair to a member of the family of a Mason in Kennett Lodge No. 475, Kennett Square, and an electric cart to a member of Skerrett Lodge.

Bro. Fulton

Past Master Fulton has been a member of Thomson Lodge since he was initiated in 1954. He served as Worshipful Master in 1965 and has served as Principal of the 5th Masonic District School of Instruction since 1995.

The Wheelchair Shop recently donated four electric wheelchairs to the Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center in Coatesville. Pictured are (l-r): John Fulton, P.M., a volunteer coordinator of the Wheelchair Shop; Linda Hilton, a VA volunteer specialist; and Andrew Pahountis, who accepted the donation on behalf of the CEO of the VA Medical Center, Gary W. Devansky.

Matching Grants Page / NEXT

menu