- The Worshipful Master appoints a committee of lodge members to conduct a CHIP event.
- The committee selects a group of children to be CHIP'd, and estimates quantity.
- The committee discusses funding and determines how to support the program by contributing enough to at least cover the cost of supplies, at a rate of $2.00 per child. Funds may be forwarded before or after the event.
- The committee selects the date and location of the event, considering the need for quiet rooms for video interviews. Dates must be scheduled at least six weeks in advance.
- The committee determines the source of equipment and supplies, consulting with the District Deputy Grand Master (D.D.G.M.) or District CHIP Chairman.
- The committee files a CHIP Event Request Form with their D.D.G.M. He verifies that cameras are available in his district or through arrangements with a neighboring D.D.G.M. If he approves, he forwards it to the Grand Lodge CHIP Coordinator, Bro. Chuck Lankert, at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will assure that supplies will be available. If all is in order, he will add the event to the CHIP web page, schedule press releases and notify the Pennsylvania Masonic Youth Foundation (PMYF) staff.
- The committee will begin a fund-raising program, if needed, by planning an event, soliciting businesses, designating charity funds or encouraging members to donate toward the event.
- The committee will begin local publicity efforts to promote attendance at the event. The Public Relations Office of the Masonic Village at Elizabethtown will issue a news release to appropriate media outlets.
- The committee will arrange for training, if needed, through the D.D.G.M. or District CHIP Chairman.
- The committee will execute the event, according to plan. The District CHIP Chairman will help you with your first event to review the setup and processing details discussed at training.
- At the conclusion of the event, the committee will gather all Parental Permission Forms and arrange to have them sent to the PMYF office, with a CHIP Event Summary Form.
- The Worshipful Master will see that all cash contributions received are processed and paid to the PMYF by lodge check. Checks from sponsors may be tax deductible if paid directly to the PMYF and designated for CHIP.