RICHARD VAUX-IVANHOE LODGE COLLEGE TUITION GRANT PROGRAM
Thanks to the generosity of our late brother William Wilson Poulson, and in accordance with the terms of his will, the Susanna Angue Poulson Fund was established by him in memory of his mother to provide income to the Lodge for its “Charitable Work and Purposes”. In accordance with Article XIII, Section 2 of the By-laws of the Lodge, “A portion of the income from the Susanna Angue Poulson Fund, as designated by the Lodge, shall be placed in the hands of the Scholarship Committee to be used for Educational Grants”.
It is the current policy of this Lodge that a sum up to a maximum of three thousand dollars ($3000.00) per academic year be available to the dependent children of Master Mason members of this Lodge in good standing.
Below are the conditions and limitations for the grants.
1. There is no formal application form. Application is made by submitting
the following documents to the Chairman of the Scholarship Committee
at his home address by July 15 immediately preceding September 1 of
the academic year for which the application is made. The academic year
extends from September 1 to the next following August 31.
2. The member making the application must be a Master Mason in good standing of this lodge for at least three (3) years consecutively from entered or last admitted date prior to application. If the dependent children are of a deceased Master Mason of this lodge, or a Master Mason having become a member to serve as an Elected Officer of this lodge, such three year membership requirement shall be waived.
3. The Educational Grant is available in a sum up to, but not to exceed, three thousand dollars ($3000.00) per academic year for a maximum of four (4) academic years.
4. The dependent child must be considered a full time student in an accredited school which is a post high school institution of higher education accredited by an accrediting agency acceptable to the Scholarship Committee in its sole discretion subject to a final decision by the Worshipful Master.
5. The Educational Grant is available for tuition only. The Educational Grant is not available for room, board, fees, or other expenses.
6. The member must submit a confirmation of enrollment of the dependent child in the school.
7. The Educational Grant is available only for programs leading to a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the sole discretion of the Scholarship Committee subject to a final decision by the Worshipful Master. The Educational Grant is not available for graduate degree programs leading to master’s or doctor’s degrees or the like.
8. The Master Mason member must re-apply annually for the Educational Grant.
The members of the Scholarship Committee for 2010 are Worshipful Master Richard P. Weber, P.M., Chairman, Charles H. Myers, P.M., and Philip F. Formicola.
Contact the Secretary for the home address and phone number of Worshipful Master Richard P. Weber, P.M., Chairman
|Last Updated: March 25, 2010|